Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Journey Begins



So it's been nearly three years since I left the comforts of the college lifestyle behind and traded in my school hoodies for suits and blazers.  I looked at this transition as a very positive one, excited to bring a little spice in my life and let my professional sytle reflect the true person that I am inside. 

Well things didn't quite work out that way.  For starters, I work from home about 50% of the time.  Those days, my outfit for the day is yoga pants and a tank top.  Comfy, but not helping me grow my personal style.  I also work in IT and am surrounded by men in jeans or khaki pants and polos on a daily basis.  BORING!!! The times I have attempted to dress it up a little bit and try something a little funky and creative, I was met with a lot of stares and inquiries of where the hell I was going!! LOL  The last and probably the biggest challenge is dressing my frame.  I'm 5'3 and about 105 lbs soaking wet.  I live at the tailor and they are not so friendly on the budget. Le sigh.   

So I'm done with my pity party and on a  quest to revamp my style one purchase at a time.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm going for, but I have a few rules I'm trying to loosly follow:
  1. Limit the black and grey purchases
  2. Introduce brown into my life
  3. Buy multi purpose pieces that can work for day and night
  4. Color, color color
  5. Accessorize
I've already gotten started with a items and will post and see what you guys think on my finds and what I put together with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment